WH Bence have an exciting opportunity for an Design Engineer with automotive experience to join their team.
Location: Yate, Bristol
Salary: £40k – £45k dependent on experience
Based in Yate, North Bristol, W H Bence is a manufacturer of specialist mobile facilities such as medical screening trailers and relocatables for Breast Screening, MRI, CT, Heart Catheterisation, Chemotherapy Clinics, Fire Appliances and Emergency Service Command Centres.
Bence, a family owned and run company, has been trading since 1983 and built an excellent reputation as the UK’s foremost specialist coachbuilder with a prestigious client list.
The current production programme includes major build projects for clients Siemens Healthcare, Philips Electronics (UK), Canon Healthcare, Agito Medical, MOD, Babcock Critical Services, London Fire Brigade, 3 NHS Trusts in England and, internationally, for delivery into Kuwait and Oman.
Taking on an additional production facility the young, second-generation directors continue to expand the business. With a full and growing order book this is an exciting time to join – we look forward to meeting you.
Good Design is at the heart of what we do, the base for everything we manufacture.
Good Design has built our reputation.
– Taking responsibility for design quality, its accuracy, timely delivery and management
– Improve and expand the Bence product
– Keep up to date with new ideas, design and legislation
– Investigate new materials that could be introduced into our next generation designs
– Ensure a consistent and compliant approach to design
– Maintain and improve the standard of creative design work
– Liaise closely with the Sales team to create innovative designs for presentations or during a bid and tender process
– Liaise closely with procurement ensuring working drawings are available for suppliers to provide quotations in line with lead times and expected production timelines
– Work with, and understand, the requirements of metal fabrication and woodwork/joinery so drawings offer ease of production for the trades working on the workshop floor
– Work with the Production and Operations teams to identify potential cost savings by design improvements
– Work with the refrigeration suppliers (air conditioning, chiller) to ensure mountings, bracketry, pipework are all suitably routed for a mobile environment
– Have an understanding of general electrical principles
– Qualifications and Automotive Experience us essential
– Thorough understanding and working experience of Solidworks software design package
– Knowledge of engineering principals
– Competent to work with all aspects of Microsoft Office
– Numerate, capable of accurate calculations
– Good listener and client facing, able to communicate well and to clearly understand and interpret the brief
– Problem solver
– Have a sound understanding of quality control and health and safety
– Possess plenty of drive to get things done
– If ever required, able to work late to meet a project deadline
– On site parking
– 4 weeks holiday plus Bank Holidays
If you believe you have the right experience and skill set for this Design Engineer position and are looking for an opportunity to join a thriving successful company, please contact or email email@example.com